Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The baskets

Hello everyone.  I have had a lot of response about the blog I did last night containing the potatoes and pears. 




First, thank you everyone for the very kind words on the harvest and a big welcome to all my new friends.

The two round baskets were made following the directions given by Joann Swanson on her blog last year.  I took her designs and did some additional washes and changed up the straps a bit, but if you are looking for some baskets to hold your own harvest, these are super easy and her pattern is wonderful.  If you have not seen her blog, please hop over and start following it.  She is amazing and has some of the most creative ideas I have ever seen.  Below is the link to the blog post where she explains the baskets.

http://joannswansondiyminiatures.blogspot.com/2010_10_01_archive.html

For the basket holding the pears, I took the same general idea and cut out my own pattern.  Perhaps I'll have time soon to throw together a little tutorial on the small rectangular basket.  I'm a firm believer in sharing knowledge so the hobby continues to grow.  Besides, this might give me a chance to use my new video camera and make a video tutorial.  WOOHOO!!

Till later!

3 comments:

  1. muy buenas las cestas y muy buena la cosecha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Harvesting done. The baskets are really amazing and good.

    Hellsehen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buen trabajo. Bien realizado y me encanta la presentación.

    ReplyDelete