Monday, January 28, 2013

Something is growing on the Potting Bench

With some real life stuff happening, my muse seemed to leave and I was at a loss of what to show you folks. 

Well I don't have a lot to share, but I thought I would give you a sneak peak at what the next tutorial is going to be. 

It seems I'm still in a bit of a Spring mode and thought that a nice houseplant would be a fun project. 

I started work today on a Pothos plant.  The leaves are from an old Jeannetta Kendall kit I had for years and finally pulled out of the drawer to do something with.  The laser cut leaves are perfect and all you do is paint, shape and glue to whatever you choose to use for the vines. 

I will get into more details in the video and future blog post, but until then I thought I would share with you the one small vine I was able to do today between everything else happening. :-)


Till later!

14 comments:

  1. The trailing ivy leaves are so beautiful! Great job!

    Pei Li

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope to get it done soon. :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Gosh Faby. If it is perfect I have nothing to strive for. HAHA. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  3. Great job, it looks very realistic.
    gr. AM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I was able to get a few more vines done today between other things. As you know it can be very hard to fit minis in between work on a real house. ARGH!!

      Delete
  4. this is great, looking forward to seeing the finished plant,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great - and I'm looking forward to your new tutorial.

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit. Was hoping to get a video made soon, but might be a while. I might be able to sneak it in sooner than later. :-)

      Delete
  6. Looks awesome! A plant tutorial would be great, I look forward to it.

    Hugs,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Dale,
    I look forward to your next tutorial. The picture looks awsome!
    Hugs,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dale,

    it's so dark and gloomy here a plant tutorial would be just the thing to perk this place up :)

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone. The video for the plant has been filmed and now I just need to slap it together and get it posted. Hopefully up tomorrow night. Keep those fingers crossed.

    Dale

    ReplyDelete