Thursday, April 14, 2011

Still more Chicago....Ron Hubble & JL Signature Homes

I'm so glad that everyone is enjoying all the pictures.  It is hard to believe that tomorrow will be a week since I first flew to Chicago.  Time is flying by so quickly.

Some of you were wondering just how large The Accolade roombox was...well here is a picture of the exterior.  Sorry it isn't the best picture and it still doesn't show a good scale, but remember that the dolls are about 6 inches tall and you get a really good idea of the size. 

Oh, and curious as to just how big this show really is?  Well here are a few pictures showing the three different rooms.  I couldn't get the whole rooms because they are huge, but this should give you an idea of just how many people are at this show.  This show represents 230 exhibitors from 34 US States and 17 countries. WOW!! That is a lot of minis, and my feet felt like I had toured the globe at the end of the day on Saturday.




Now...how about some more pretty pics to look at.  In the hall outside the showrooms were two large dollhouses done by JL Signature Homes (don't have a website).  Talk about some craftsmanship.  The first home was called The Helmrich.
 OK...just look at that staircase in the foyer.  You still have your drool napkins from last night? They might come in handy here.

 The trim work in the rooms was equally as impressive.

The second house by them was The Brandywine.  This house has one of the most amazing central stairways I have ever seen in a dollhouse.  Sigh...so pretty.  Me want!!




Many of you may be familiar with Ron Hubble (http://www.ronhubble.com/index.html).  He makes some beautiful custom furniture and his fabrics are always the best.  Here are a few roomboxes and displays he had set up.  Such pretty eye candy.  I spent a lot of time with my hand over my mouth looking at all these minis.  If I hadn't covered my mouth, I'm sure something would have flown right on in there. Most of my time was spent with my mouth open in amazement.








I'm off to look at pictures, clean up some more to share and remember all the fun I had in Chicago.  Tomorrow will be my last official blog post about this trip, but I'm sure I'll have more to share as I think of things.

Till later!

5 comments:

  1. I just drooled through 2 napkins LOL. Breathtaking work. Thank you for the pictures.

    Victoria ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! Me Too! Amazing stuff! I really appreciate you sharing these pics! Its an eye opener for sure to see the works of pros! I'm going back for more drooling now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fainted when I looked at the pictures then I woke up..looked and fainted again. I want both of them!


    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are all liking the pictures. I love sharing them. Marisa, if you keep fainting, I'm going to have to start putting warning labels on the pictures first. :-)

    Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are absolutely stunning. Thanks so much for sharing, they are so inspiring! (Although, they make my dollhouse look a little pathetic.) :) Time to raise the standards!

    ReplyDelete